I finally did it! I completed my Design Communication Arts candidacy from UCLA Extension and received my certificate!
I embarked on this journey back in January 2009 because as a web developer, I wanted to get a better feel for the design aspect of the business. Little did I know, it would take me almost 6 years to complete it and only because it took me over a year to complete my portfolio for review!!
The required core classes were:
- Design Fundamentals
- Color Methodologies
- Design History and Context
- Design II: Collateral Communication
- Icons, Logos and Logotype Design
- Drawing for Communication
- Photoshop I
- Illustrator I
- InDesign I
I topped that off with the following electives:
- Illustrator II
- User Experience Design
- Intro to Digital Photography
- CSS Web Development for Web Designers
- CSS II Web Development for Web Designers
Here’s my final portfolio: http://juliemarie.me and here’s my certificate!